The North Carolina A&T State University Alumni Association is accepting nominations to elect new board members for the next term beginning July 1, 2015. The open nomination will be to elect eight (8) members. Length of term is based on elected seat (i.e. odd numbered seats serve three years; even numbered seats serve two years). The open nomination allows any member of the A&T community to nominate candidates to the Board. This includes self-nominations, alumni, faculty and staff. Through this process it is hopeful to engage and connect with a more diverse group of alumni who may want to serve in this capacity.
The Board of Directors is the governing body of the North Carolina A&T State University Alumni Association responsible for governance and policy. Serving as a member of the Board is an opportunity to deepen and sustain engagement with the association and the university. All board members are expected to be actively engaged in the operation of the Alumni Association and to execute on the Association’s mission and goals.
In addition, the following are specific responsibilities and expectations of board members:
- Attend and actively participate in all Association Board of Directors meetings (at least 4 per year; including two in-person meetings)
- Actively participate as a member of at least one Standing Committee
- Be a knowledgeable ambassador for the university and the association
- Attend Alumni Association Annual meeting, Alumni Reunion Weekend, Homecoming and other major university events
- Attend Alumni Association and university events in respective region
- Strongly engage fellow alumni in university/association programs and events
- Be a member (paying appropriate dues) of the National Alumni Association
- Support the university with an annual (fiscal year), tax-deductible gift of $500 or more
Board members are also expected to uphold the following:
- Be a spokesperson in the community for the association and university
- Assist the University and the Office of Alumni Relations in encouraging alumni participation with programs/events/activities
- Offer ideas/resources to assist in making the Alumni Association more meaningful to alumni
- Encourage support of the financial needs of the University’s teaching, research, and service mission
Nominations via the OPEN NOMINATION process are due by March 16, 2015 to the Executive Director of the Alumni Association. Click here to see full open nomination packet (MS Word & Electronic Submission) and all details to nominate a candidate to the Alumni Association Board of Directors.
Current Washington,DC chapter members who wish to have their nomination considered by the Chapter at the March 6, 2015 chapter meeting shall submit complete 2015 Alumni Nomination Package (Chapters) by February 28, 2015 to the Chapter President for consideration by the chapter.